The next few days will illustrate my creative process, such as it is, a little better. I took this picture while waiting for my car to be finished, and when I showed it to John, he suggested I cut out the bolts and do something with the background. Of course, I forgot what he mentioned I should do with the background, so I started playing around.
The first thing I did was cut out the bolts. Then I copied the background, made the back one black and white, and started playing around with the color mixer on the foreground one. I liked it so much I wanted to keep it…but the bolts didn’t look right. Saved the picture as a psd, then deleted the bolt layers, flattened, and viola!